Air Japan has temporarily suspended recruitment until further notice.
Air Japan operates a fleet of passenger & freighter B767s which operate within Asia to China, Seoul, Bangkok, Singapore and Honolulu with more destinations planned.
These contracts are for 5 years in length with an operating base of Narita, Japan.
An excellent commuting package is offered with 10 days off per month with a minimum of 8 consecutive days.
Air Japan also provides $2000 USD per month to assist with commuting to Tokyo, whilst also offering staff travel on Star Alliance partner airlines.
More importantly for First Officers, Air Japan is one of the very few contract airlines that also offers upgrades to Captain.
Air Japan are interviewing now so contact us if you need more information, or would like to discuss any aspect of this position.
If you wish, Longreach can arrange for one of our pilot consultants to contact you so you can talk at length, and in depth, about this position. No other recruitment company has pilots talking to pilots, giving an honest pilot’s perspective.
If you would like to download a flyer then please click here.
Benefits of Air Japan
The following table shows the pay rates at Air Japan.
All amounts are US Dollars.
Air Japan First Officers
$US per month
|Other Pmts &|
|1st Fiscal Year||$7212||$4076||$11288||0|
|2nd Fiscal Year||$8288||$4162||$12450||0|
|3rd Fiscal Year||$8574||$4253||$12827||0|
|4th Fiscal Year||$8741||$4436||$13177||$25,000|
|5th Fiscal Year||$8935||$4628||$13563||$25,000
|Contract Completion |
|$18,000 at end of contract for 5 years continuous service|
- B767 type rating provided by Air Japan
- No bond payable for the rating
- Up to 14 days off per month
- Contract completion bonus $18,000 based on 5 years service
- 24 vacation days per year
- Sick leave – 1 day/2 months worked (max 12 days)
- Worldwide medical insurance provided for pilot and family. This includes health insurance in the US for US citizens.
- Staff travel benefits on Star Alliance
- Life insurance provided for up to $300,000 AUD
- 5 year contract with extensions to age 65
- 3,000 hours Total Flight Experience
- 500 hours Commercial Jet Experience
- Military experience acceptable
- PIC requirements:
- 250+ hours PIC, or
- 70+ hours PIC and 180+ hours PICUS, or
- 500+ hours PICUS
- 100 hours PIC Cross Country
- 200 hours Cross Country
- 100 hours Night Flight
- 75 hours Instrument Flight
- Valid ICAO ATPL
- (Frozen ATPL’s not accepted)
- (SIC/Co-Pilot Jet Ratings not accepted)
Firstly, please make sure you have registered with Longreach Aviation.
Click here to register.
The application for Air Japan requires the submission of the following documents:
- Application Form
- Letter of Appointment,
- Completed Aeronautical Experience form, plus
- Scanned copies of the following personal documents:
- Medical Certificate
- Photo ID page of Passport
- Last 6 left and right pages of logbook (that means 12 scanned pages in total)
- Letter of verification of hours from your current employer, or authority
To obtain the application package, including sample documents, please email Brett Tuohy.
Please ensure that all the documents are completed and attached when you return your application form to us.
Longreach Aviation will assist you in the completion of the documentation if required.
Completion of the Aeronautical Experience form can be difficult, especially as much of the information required generally occurred during your early flying career. However, if you follow the instructions carefully that can often assist in making the process easier.
If you have any difficulty in understanding what is being asked, then please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have a consultant contact you to assist where necessary.
Completed applications are to be sent to: email@example.com